Saturday, December 20, 2008

Light up your life



On this one, I followed my own advice. You can't believe what a new lamp can do for you. And with lamps, most often, you get what you pay for. So I decided to splurge on a new lamp for my living room.



Introducing, the Anaheim Floor Lamp. The base of this lamp is a 50" tall, 10" diameter glass vase. The large silver lined shade sits on top of it and the cord is silk wrapped. Bonus: built in dimmer. Folks, this ain't no Target lamp. (Of course we carry it at our studio; call if you're interested)



The funny thing about this, is I never thought to place this lamp at my own house. I had a car full of lamps I had taken to a client's to see which ones worked best. I thought, "Why not do the same at my house, for gosh sakes, I've got them all in my car." So the design lesson of this story is "Just try it!"... and of course, light up your life with a new lamp!

No comments: